Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Running In Duluth with my Brothers

I landed in Duluth at 8:15 and my brothers decided that that was a good time to go running. Even though I ran 5.5 in the morning, I said what the heck and we ran another 3.1. We ran nice and easy10:30, 10:51, 10:39.
Then today, Joe took us out into the Hartley Nature Center on an 4.5 mile run on the trails. Some of the hills where difficult, but for the most part we took it very easy. It was a wet and a little slippery out there. 14:19, 15:18, 17:38, 14:39.
Tomorrow we are just going to do a little run and they are going to show me how to grab water in a cup and Saturday is the day of the race.
Just in case your interested, I caught both runs on MyTracks so click the link find the day and you can see the maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment