Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Friday, June 3, 2011

6.3 in the Trails Around Long Pond

I ran a nice and easy 6 miles around Long Pond today. Mile three is still the one that gets me, but once I'm over that hurdle, I do pretty good. At least until I'm almost done with the fourth and a root grabs my left big toe and makes my bounce of the trail. At least it was in the pines where the trail is soft and there are few rocks. I just got a little scrap on my right leg, a very sore left big toe and a stiff neck.
Here are the splits Total distance 6.3, total time 59.38
9:06, 9:11, 10:32, 10:05, 10:08, 9:11

No comments:

Post a Comment