Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Thursday, May 19, 2011

5.4 Miles Around Long Pond

Turns out that it was very easy to find a 5+ mile course around Long Pond. I just had to use all of the main fire road and I was set. Running the fire road as a loop adds a mile to the total length so I can run about 5.2 and get an about a 1/4 mile of walking cooldown in under an hour.
Here are the splits: 9:16, 9:18, 10:31, 10:14, 9:21 (48:40).
The weather was odd. 72F 78% relative humidity. My body is used to 62F and 30% RH. Felt like I wa breathing through a mask again.

1 comment:

  1. That's the weather you want to be running in. Race day is usually like that. You'll get used to it.

    ReplyDelete