Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fun with a Kettlebell

Too much rain today, so I picked up my kettlebell and had a quick workout.
Warmed up jumping rope doing halos downdog to updog transitions and wall squats.
Once warm, I performed 4 sets of 40 swings with a minute of jumping rope as an active recovery. With 5 sets in I decided to challenge myself and did 60 swings on the final set.
Then I did a simple kettlebell ladder
1 left hand snatch followed by a clean and press then with the kettlebell racked on my chest a squat transition to the right hand at the peak of a swing and do this with that hand. Once complete, I passed the weight back to my left hand and did 2 of each; then 2 of each with my right hand; then 3 of each and finally 4 of each. It was a half hour of working out with my heart rate always above 120 and usually about 135.
Lots of fun

No comments:

Post a Comment