Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Easy 3.1 Mile Run

Ran an easy 3 miles on the bike path today. Set out just to loosen up my legs from yesterdays 10 miles, but it turned out that I felt great and ran it much faster than I thought that I would.
Total time 25:57 including cool down.
Splits: 8:53, 8:12, 8:12. At first I was actually slowing myself down. Then when I realized that I was maintaining 4 step breathing and I said screw it and ran a little faster. Legs feel fine.
What's up for the rest of my week? Tomorrow I'm gonna run some hills and do some interval running. Then take Wednesday off and run a hard 5K on Thursday to take stock. Friday will be 5 or 6 depending on how much time I have, Saturday will be another off day and Sunday will be the same 10.5 miles I ran yesterday. Sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment