Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm Calling it Plantar Fasciitis

So the arch of my foot is still tight and sore to the touch. Without a medical degree I can't make true diagnosis, but I have the internet and with it I am comfortable with my assessment and my treatment plan. At least for a couple of weeks. If it's still frelled at that time ... Oh wait, I'm gonna see a doctor for a physical on Monday anyway. This will give him something to do other than ... I'm not comfortable talking about the other.
Anyhow, my arch hurts but not as bad after I stretch it and roll it and take Advil. Tonight I'll use the R.I.C.E. method. Rest, I'm not running until Tuesday at the earliest, Ice, I froze a bottle of water and I'm going to us it to roll the bottom of my foot, Compression, I have that Ace bandage self sicking stuff wrapped around it now and for a while to come, and Elevation, it is so hard to keep my foot above my heart, I might have to sit down.
I'll keep you informed because I can.

1 comment:

  1. You might as well get a referral to a podiatrist (if you want orthotics) or a physical therapist if you don't.

    It's good to err on the side of caution, but I think you'll feel better in a few days.

    ReplyDelete