Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Trying out my new shoes

Today I ran 4 miles on the bike path. I ran just over 4 miles in over 36 minutes.
Here's the splits: 8:13, 8:20, 9:31, 9:36.

More important, I ran it in my new shoes. Without bandaids over the blisters on the insteps of my feet! I did have a bandaid over nasty blister on my right baby toe, but even it was fine. So, with 4 miles on my new shoes I am happy. With that said, I feel that I am striking flatter with these shoes on than I did before. I'm not certain that that's not because my thighs are still recovering from yesterday's squats or because of the shoes design. Or that it matters. I'll find out tomorrow or the day after.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Happy to hear that you are happy with them. I got mine yesterday and have been wearing them around the house and at work. I can really tell that the heal is lower. They are also curved, which is a completely different fit.

    ReplyDelete