Can either of yo point me to a reference or just give advice on how I could maximize my energy level for a run that starts at 11:45? Stories, Links, whatever you have.
I know a good nights sleep is important, but I'm not sure how nutrition and when to eat what is important.
Also, I have noticed that my third mile is always the hardest, are there training techniques for pushing through that?
Joe drinks some kinda crap before his run. It's high calorie I guess. "Ensure?"
ReplyDeleteIt's for old people like you.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. LoL.
I know when I grabbed an orange wedge and a banana chunk from the aide people I seemed to get a boost after awhile.
ReplyDeleteVitamin B, Vitamin C. Caffeine if you're used to drinking it (don't over do it), but avoid sugar unless its within like 10 minutes before you start. Be hydrated, drink a couple big glasses of water 2 hours before you start, but don't drink any water until just before. Don't sip water because your body absorbers gulps better. Try to purposefully not run all out on your first mile, get in a groove, then see what happens.
ReplyDeleteSome days when I go out it doesn't seem to matter how I prepare, my body just doesn't go. That's how it was for me Tuesday.
That should say 'any more water' until just before.
ReplyDeleteSugar while you're running isn't a bad idea. You should exercise your liver sometimes, but other times, especially long runs, you need to consume sugar (or other simple carbs) too.
ReplyDeleteTry bringing GU with you. I can't use it because it makes my tongue swell. http://www.guenergy.com/
ReplyDeleteI use these:
http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_shot_gel/
(shot blocks)
Strawberry is pretty good. Can't imagine chocolate or coffee... ickey ew blah as Lou would say.