Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Easy 3.1 Mile Run

I ran the bike path today for 3.1 miles in 27:58. I don't usually do easy runs, and thought that I'd give it a try. Turns out that its really quite pleasant. My "goal" during the run was to maintain four step breathing. I managed it with only a couple of cheating breaths when my mind wondered more than normal.
Splits: 8:42
9:05
9:11

I like Dave's calorie declaration, but don't have a way to ... wait there's an app for that.
....
....
....
I am now using MyFitness Calorie Counter reporting at lunch is kind of broken, but here's what I have so far.
Goal 1740
Food 587
Gym -516
Net 71
Left 1669
That's a mighty number for dinner ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm using several Apps...wanna see which i like best

    I've been using ImapMyRun for awhile but if you get a call etc. the GPS stops even though you don't. So, everyone likes to call or text me while I'm running to make me run longer...cuz, I won't stop till I hit the target distance. plus the connection out here is great to say the least. LoL

    IFitness and DailyBurn are pretty good. Both tell you how many calories you intake Vs. spent and have left to eat/consume.

    I've been using Ifitness for over a year or two now. (Am I due for a new phone soon?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weighed in at 224.2

    Damn it!

    I'm allowed 3224 more Calories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Final calorie count for the day,
    Net Goal 1740
    consumed 1989
    burned 516
    net 1473
    267 under goal

    ReplyDelete