Today I did a one mile warm-up followed by a 3 mile run @ 7:13 (8.5 mph). Rather than increase my speed for 1/10th of a mile every half mile, I added a 4% grade. That's supposed to be easier on your body.
After the dreadmill, I ran barefoot on the track for almost a mile. Toward the end of the run I was sprinting track lengths (40 yards?) and it felt better than my loping relaxed run I started with. My feet were really moving.
On the track, it please me to see that 'they' (presumably the CPF team) had posted tips on proper running, which mentioned a forefoot strike, leaning forward, a cadence of 180 steps per minute, and keeping your strike somewhat behind your center of mass (something I struggle with but want to learn.) It seems like natural running is becoming mainstream.
Finally, I went to the Allergist today. When the Clinical Assistant checked my blood oxygen and pulse the alarm on the pulse oximeter went off (my pulse was in the 36 to 37 range.) The nurse was cool with it once I told her I was a runner. (I think freaking out a nurse is an indication that you have arrived as a runner.)
Tomorrow, weather permitting, I am going to do some mudding in Hartley when I get home from work =) If I feel up to it, I may double up on my run. (morning and afternoon.)
Joe
The nice thing about pantheism is that it reduces God to the mundane. You can treat it as a religion if you wish, but is there any point?
After the dreadmill, I ran barefoot on the track for almost a mile. Toward the end of the run I was sprinting track lengths (40 yards?) and it felt better than my loping relaxed run I started with. My feet were really moving.
On the track, it please me to see that 'they' (presumably the CPF team) had posted tips on proper running, which mentioned a forefoot strike, leaning forward, a cadence of 180 steps per minute, and keeping your strike somewhat behind your center of mass (something I struggle with but want to learn.) It seems like natural running is becoming mainstream.
Finally, I went to the Allergist today. When the Clinical Assistant checked my blood oxygen and pulse the alarm on the pulse oximeter went off (my pulse was in the 36 to 37 range.) The nurse was cool with it once I told her I was a runner. (I think freaking out a nurse is an indication that you have arrived as a runner.)
Tomorrow, weather permitting, I am going to do some mudding in Hartley when I get home from work =) If I feel up to it, I may double up on my run. (morning and afternoon.)
Joe
The nice thing about pantheism is that it reduces God to the mundane. You can treat it as a religion if you wish, but is there any point?
I lied. It was only a 2% grade,
ReplyDeleteJust got done with 40 minutes of Yoga (with plenty of breaks spent putting the 3 yr old back to bed.)
ReplyDelete