Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Picking Out a New Pair of Trainers

Can you guys help me pick out a new pair of running shoes?
These are the shoes that I've found so far. I'm leaning toward the Nikes or the Tempo 4s but I am not close to making a decision. The shoes I ran the 8.6 mile run in blistered my insteps and I can run on pavement in my track shoes, so I have to get some new shoes.


Men's BROOKS® DEFYANCE 4
Men's ADIDAS® ADIZERO™ TEMPO 4
Men's ADIDAS® ADIZERO™ AEGIS 2
Men's NIKE® LUNARELITE+ 2
Men's SAUCONY® PROGRID™ MIRAGE
Men's ASICS® GEL-DS TRAINER® 16

PS If I'd have known that you where going to mess with the blog so much, I wouldn't have given you admin rights ;)
PPS I didn't run today but a dug a 4'x4'x3' hole and then filled it in with rocks and covered it with dirt so I think that counts a little.

5 comments:

  1. why did you dig a hole only to cover it with dirt? Drainage?
    If you're going to spend that much on a shoe:
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-BDEF4M1.html
    get this one instead. The pair I had were awesome!
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-BG8M3.html
    After spending that much on them, I got hurt pretty bad heal striking in them only 1 mile into my first run. That's what really forced me to land on my forefoot. If you order from running warehouse let me know cuz I now how to get 15% off. I like the way my Adidas and Saucony's fit, never owned a pair of Nikes or Asics.

    I'm really thinking about getting this pair:
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-STYP4M1.html Saucony grid type A4
    But might just buy a another pair of Brook's Launch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take the shoes I'm wearing to the store in the Forum.

    If you have a New Balance or a shoe store that will check your foot/shoe out take it to them.

    Sometimes you find someone worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I screwed around with the Blog. Just started to and seemed kinda fun/interesting. I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should thrown the shoes, that blistered your feet, in the hole as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just bought these:
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-BT7M1.html
    Brooks T7 Racer
    I have a 5k on Saturday...
    $56.62 Total :)

    ReplyDelete