I ran a 3.1 mile (5Kish) fitness check run in 23:58. This translates to a VDot of 40. The last time I ran the 5K hard was Mar 31 and I ran it in 24:54. That's almost a min better and this time I felt like I could have pushed myself a little harder. Plus last time I stopped at 3 miles not 3.1.
Anyway, here are the splits: 7:34, 8:31, 7:10 (43 sec for the last tenth)
That second mile was alot slower and I ran extra hard at the end cause I wanted to finish in under 24 min. Wonder what it will be like in a couple more weeks. If I can shave off another minute, my VDOT will be up to 42.
Thats my goal for May 3rd, a 23 min 5K. Now if I can just learn what a 7:30 min mile feels like.
No comments:
Post a Comment