Is it time to run yet?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.
Roger Bannister (29 - )

Monday, April 18, 2011

I ran around the pond again.

During my lunch, I ran around long pond again. Someone asked me about the elevation changes during my run and I was able to get that data from MyTracks and Google Maps.

Here is the elevation change:

From this I guess I can see why I struggle on mile three and my mile four time tends to get better.
Here are the splits 9:28, 9:37, 10:27, 10:02. Here is the MyTracks data

Total Distance: 7.05 km (4.4 mi)
Total Time: 43:11
Moving Time: 42:32
Average Speed: 9.80 km/h (6.1 mi/h)
Average Moving Speed: 9.95 km/h (6.2 mi/h)
Max Speed: 13.70 km/h (8.5 mi/h)
Min Elevation: -2 m (-7 ft)
Max Elevation: 35 m (114 ft)
Elevation Gain: 166 m (545 ft)
Max Grade: 0 %
Min Grade: 0 %
Recorded: Mon Apr 18 11:50:55 EDT 2011
Activity type: trail running

1 comment:

  1. Is that time or distance on the x axis?

    That's quite a climb!

    ReplyDelete